The muscle groups in our body all have their own functions to contribute to the balance of the body. A very important muscle group but not everyone pays attention and rarely performs exercises related to them – the hamstring muscles contribute greatly to the activities of our body. So let’s immediately save 10 simple hamstring stretching exercises to help strengthen your lower body.
What is hamstring muscle?
The hamstring muscles are known as a group in the back of the thigh and provide support when you bend your knees or bend your legs to sit down. This is considered one of the very important muscle groups in the lower body because they contribute a lot in the process of moving as well as performing the knee and knee flexion movements in your daily activities.
The hamstring muscle is the muscle group in the back of your thigh (Image: Internet)
Why should you do hamstring stretching exercises?
As mentioned above, the hamstring muscles play an important role in your movement, so if they have problems, it will greatly affect your performance. In case you do not exercise much or are lazy, this muscle group will stiffen and make your lower body quite weak.
The hamstring muscle plays an important role in our daily activities (Image: Internet)
All exercises that affect muscle groups have the same goal of helping the body to be flexible and supple. Many of you when training only focus on the muscle groups in the front of the leg, but forget that the back also has an important muscle group that must not be ignored.
Therefore, you should pay more attention to the muscle groups on the body and especially the muscle groups in the lower body because they are very important to help maintain balance for the body as well as play an essential role in the body. your mobility.
10 best exercises for extremely effective hamstrings
1. Deadlift exercise
Deadlift is an exercise that involves weights and will be raised off the ground. They are usually located at hip level and perpendicular to the ground. The Kickstand Deadlift is a deadlift that specifically targets one leg, but when you do it, you will still feel the impact on your legs.
Deadlift exercise (Photo: Internet)
- Stand with medium to heavy dumbbells in both hands or in one hand.
- Arms should be shoulder-width apart and feet hip-width apart.
- Shift weight onto right or left foot.
- Step slightly back with your left foot so that your left toe is in line with your right heel.
- Bend right knee slightly and bend hip forward, left leg bent. Simultaneously lower your torso until parallel to the ground or until you feel a stretch in your right hamstring, keeping both arms long.
- Bend your butt and return to the starting position.
- You should do 10 times for one side or 20 times if doing both sides at the same time.
2. Hip Lift and Slip Exercise
This move will be difficult for beginners because your hamstrings will work the entire time as you try to extend your legs while keeping your hips at maximum height.
Exercises to lift hips and slide legs (Photo: Internet)
- Lying on your back on a smooth floor, resting your feet on a pair of sliders, you can cut a circular piece of paper and place it on your feet.
- Knees bent 90 degrees, place arms on the floor out to the sides, then lift hips and toes.
- Keeping hips off the floor and squeezing abs, straighten right leg as far as possible, then bring right leg back to starting position.
- Straighten your left leg as far as you can while keeping your hips up and your center of gravity, then bring your left leg back to the starting position.
- You should do this movement 15 times for 1 set.
3. Romanian weight training
The Romanian deadlift is an exercise that is twice as difficult as the normal deadlift. First, you will stretch your hamstrings as you lower the weights to the ground. You’ll then build hamstring strength by contracting the hamstrings as you stand up.
Romanian weight training (Photo: Internet)
- Stand with medium to heavy weights (weight 3-5kg depending on your stamina), hands hanging in front of thighs, palms facing in, feet hip-width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades down and close together, while contracting the abdominal muscles, bringing the spine to the center of the body.
- Keeping your knees slightly bent, back and arms straight, rotate your hips forward until you feel a slight stretch in your hamstrings.
- Contract your glutes and hamstrings, straighten back to standing, and repeat.
- You should do it 15 times.
4. Hip push up exercise
Although the hip pushup exercise is primarily an exercise for the glutes, it also works the hamstrings. If your legs are bent, this exercise will work a lot on the glutes, but when your legs are stretched a little more, the hamstrings will be absolutely affected.
Hip push up exercise (Photo: Internet)
- Sit on the floor with the middle of your shoulder blades resting on a bench or box, bend your knees and place your feet on the floor a little wider than hip-width apart.
- Place a medium or heavy dumbbell at the hip crease and hold with both hands.
- Keeping your lower back flat, chin in and looking forward, work your glutes, push your heels, and lift weights to the ceiling by extending your hips to reach the starting position.
- The knee should be in line with the heel and bent at a 90-degree angle and the body should form a straight line from the shoulder to the knee.
- Keeping your lower back flat and knees steady, slowly lower your hips until your butt is a few inches off the ground.
- Then, push through your heels and slowly raise the dumbbells by extending your hips, making sure to use your glutes and hamstrings instead of back to do the move.
- Continue lifting your hips until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees to return to the starting position.
- Do this movement 15 times.
Buy weights at Shopee.
5. Squat exercise combined with lifting dumbbells
If you’re doing squats with dumbbells, almost all of the work will come from your lower body, including your hamstrings, which contract as you swing back and forth. first to push the dumbbell into the air.
Squat exercises combined with lifting dumbbells (Photo: Internet)
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms by your sides, and place a dumbbell on the floor about a foot away from your toes.
- Bend your knees slightly and rotate your hips to lower your arms to the floor. Grasp the dumbbell handle with both hands and tilt it toward your body.
- As you inhale, lift the dumbbells between your thighs. Then, on an exhalation, press your feet into the floor, squeezing your glutes and hip thrusts to quickly stand up and swing the dumbbells forward and up to chest level.
- Keep the arm extended with a slight bend at the elbow throughout the movement and allow the eye to follow the weight.
- Bend at hip level, bend knees slightly, and push weights down and between thighs.
- Do 15 reps with this move.
Buy dumbbells at Shopee.
6. Bend exercise
This exercise is similar to bowing to another person because you need to bend your body 90 degrees. This pose will work your hamstrings as well as your hamstrings and give them a significant stretch.
Bend exercises (Photo: Internet)
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, toes pointed forward, knees slightly bent. Both arms should be extended straight down, crossed in front of the chest or placed on the back of the neck.
- Bend your hips and push your butt straight back, keeping your shins perpendicular to the floor.
- Keeping your back flat, continue to lower your body to the floor until you notice a stretch in your hamstrings or until your back begins to round.
- Press into your feet and drive over your hips to reverse the motion, using your hamstrings to stay upright.
- Do this pose 10 times.
Note: You can use more weights to increase the effectiveness of this exercise.
7. Butt and hip extension exercise
Similar to the hip push, this exercise will also work well for your glutes and you can still work your hamstrings by stepping a little farther, your hamstrings are forced to work. move more.
Exercises to expand the buttocks and hips (Photo: Internet)
- Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent, feet flat and hip-width apart, arms by your sides, palms facing down.
- Step each foot a step further so that the heel touches the ground and the toes point up at a 45-degree angle.
- Keeping your center of gravity and tailbone pulled, exhale and slowly push your heels over your heels to lift your hips off the floor.
- Raise your hips as high as you can without arching your lower back.
- Inhale and gently lower your hips to the floor one vertebra in turn.
- Perform the movement more than 15 times.
8. Squat Sumo with weights
This is the key to strengthening your inner thighs, your very hamstring muscle group. Remember, if you want to strengthen a certain muscle group — the hamstrings, for example — you need to spend time working the muscles around them to prevent muscle imbalances.
Squat Sumo exercise with weights (Photo: Internet)
- Hold two medium dumbbells in front of your body.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder width, toes turned out at a 45-degree angle. The right arm should be fully extended with the dumbbell below your navel.
- On an inhale, sit down at your hips and bend your knees to lower until your thighs are parallel or nearly parallel to the floor, keeping your chest up and preventing your back from arching.
- On an exhale, press through your feet to straighten your legs and return to standing.
- You should do it 20 times.
9. Split Squats
Out of all these hamstring exercises, you should still do the one that works the quadriceps (aka the front of the thighs). Doing these squats will help a lot in stretching your hamstrings.
Split Squat (Image: Internet)
- Stand in a staggered position with feet in front of back, feet hip-width apart, right foot forward and left foot behind, left heel lifted off the ground.
- The left knee should be in line with the right heel when lowering; It may take a few tries to find the right position for your body. Hold a pair of medium dumbbells at your sides.
- Slowly lower yourself down until your left knee is just above the floor. Maintain a flat back and open chest by pulling the shoulder blades back.
- Exhale and press your right foot into the ground to return to a standing position.
- Do this move 20 times on one side.
10. Resistance band exercise
This exercise is quite simple because you just need to prepare a resistance band and perform a high bend but still can impact the hamstrings quite well.
- Place a resistance band around your left ankle and below the arch of your right foot.
- Lie face down on the floor, legs straight, hands above your head.
- Keeping the left leg fixed, bring the right heel toward the buttocks, stopping when the right ankle is just above the right knee at a 90-degree angle.
- Lower your right heel to the ground and touch your right toes to the ground.
- You should do 20 reps for one leg.
Buy resistance bands at Shopee.
Please read other articles:
Thank you for accompanying the above article with me, please continue to follow the column to not miss the latest fitness exercises.
Bạn thấy bài viết 10 bài tập giãn cơ gân kheo đơn giản giúp tăng cường sức mạnh cho thân dưới có khắc phục đươc vấn đề bạn tìm hiểu ko?, nếu ko hãy comment góp ý thêm về 10 bài tập giãn cơ gân kheo đơn giản giúp tăng cường sức mạnh cho thân dưới bên dưới để HAG Việt Nam có thể thay đổi & cải thiện nội dung tốt hơn cho các bạn nhé! Cám ơn bạn đã ghé thăm Website: hagvietnam.com của HAG Việt Nam
Nhớ để nguồn bài viết này: 10 bài tập giãn cơ gân kheo đơn giản giúp tăng cường sức mạnh cho thân dưới của website hagvietnam.com
Chuyên mục: Sức khỏe